Dr. Katie grew up in this clinic, and here’s the proof:
• Katie grew up here in Covington, going to St. Peter’s School and then St. Scholastica Academy.
• She danced for Mary Dee’s Dance Studio from the age of 2 until she was a senior in high school.
• Dr. Katie visited the University of Georgia and fell in love with it, and she loved every minute until the day she graduated with a Genetics Degree in 2006.
• Dr. Katie met her husband Rudy while she was in Vet School at LSU, in 2008, through her cousins Brendan and David Batt, who are also veterinarians. She and David graduated together and Dr Katie says she “is very grateful to have shared that experience with him. We were good influences on each other- I reminded him of test dates and he reminded me to have a little fun.”
• Katie and Rudy now live in Covington where they watch in awe as their two daughters, Leah and Annie, grow and thrive in this fantastic community.
• Dr. Katie has been known for managing complex internal medicine cases, performs both routine and emergency surgeries, holds on tight to her ultrasound machine, and truly loves her clients and their fur-babies.
• Dr. Katie runs a Mentorship Program that leads individuals through the Vet School Application process. You can find her book on the subject on Amazon, or apply for mentorship through her website, https://www.letsgetyouintovetschool.com.